Saturday, June 11, 2011

Phone call

May 11th - 2011

Hey folks,
Received a great phone call tonight from Katherine Soule Blaser in Saskatoon. There is a national convention this summer in Saskatoon of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, the country's largest Lutheran denomination.

Katherine is part of the worship committee and they need an altar built. But not just any altar. One which is unique and historical. One which is able to convey some of the history of our fine Province. So what else to build but an altar built out of reclaimed grain elevator lumber?

I was asked to mull the project over and get back to her and I responded that I would do just that, in a few days. But as soon as I had hung up the phone the decision had been made - I would take on the task. How could I give up the opportunity to work with such interesting and historical wood?

No comments:

Post a Comment